The conventional sheet metal processing process uses a shear-punch-bend-welding process or a flame plasma-cut-bending-welding process. In the face of multiple varieties, small batches, customized, high quality, short delivery orders, it shows obvious incompatibility. The laser cutting process emerges as an alternative to “shear-crush” and is flexible and flexible. At the same time, most people think that its cost is high. It is often used in the manufacture of shaped and (or complex) work pieces and samples (single or very small batches). However, as small-volume manufacturing becomes more and more popular, the demand for laser cutting is also increasing.
When re-examining the new sheet metal processing technology: laser cutting-bending-welding/rivet welding, due to the high flexibility and high precision of laser cutting, the maturity and popularity of 3D design technology, users can learn from new designs and new processes. Benefit from the goal of reducing costs and shortening the construction period. So the new sheet metal process begins with design: design laser cutting, bending, welding/welding. The following is a few examples to illustrate the characteristics of the new process.
1) Under the traditional process, the work piece consists of several parts. Now, one cutting bend is complete. Achieved the purpose of reducing the process, shortening the construction period and reducing the cost
2) Under the traditional process, special fixtures are provided for welding. Nowadays, the process of using woodworking boring is used between the parts, the positioning is accurate, the time is saved, the welding fixture is simple, and the product deformation is small. It has achieved the goal of shortening the construction period, reducing costs and improving quality.
3) The multi-bending process has become more popular in the domestic box manufacturing industry. The advantage is that the traditional reinforcements are eliminated. It has a unique design and craftsmanship. Thereby achieving the purpose of high product quality and low manufacturing cost. In the actual process, it is also necessary to match spot welding.
4) Using the laser’s fine slitting and high precision, one cut (with micro-join) and four bends to complete four work pieces. Breaking through the design ideas under the traditional process, the goal of shortening the construction period and reducing the cost has been achieved.
5) Due to the use of the structure, the work piece can be finished with the spot welding process after bending. The work piece is small in deformation and does not need to be shaped or polished before spraying.
Due to the characteristics of the new process, advanced sheet metal equipment software support and design, laser cutting process, bending process. It supports 2D part design, pipe type part design, bending part design (only supports Baicha’s bending machine), and 3D graphics unfolding. The CNC program is transferred to the designated machine via a standard computer network.